Pancakes Your Way
Many people marvel at the craftsmanship of those who constructed the church building which now houses
Pancakes at the Manor.
John Steward and Company constructed this wonderfully detailed brick building with its magnificent arches and roof in 1904. The building was then known as St Lukes Cathedral and served as home to the cathedral congregation in the period between the demolition of the old cathedral and the new St Johns Cathedral which opened in 1910.
The church then reverted to its original purpose as Headquarters for the Anglican Church Mission until the 1950s.
It also had club rooms underneath for newspaper boys.
The Restaurant Refit
Our founder, Roger Meadmore leased and refurbished the building sympathetically into The Pancake Manor in 1979. The Pancake Manor has become a Brisbane icon, known to generations of Brisbanites as the place to go day or night for quality food and great hospitality from well picked and trained staff. Who can forget not only those great family meals as little ones but also those visits at the end of a long evening when we would sit down to a late snack of good food with friends.
Pancake Manor Garden City
Continuing on with the contemporary feel yet maintaining the old world character and charm, Pancake Manor Garden City opened in August 2011. Perfectly located for shoppers, movie-goers, commuters and those simply enjoying the social aspect of Town Square.